Latest 100 Black Men of America Stories
DALLAS, Feb. 17 /PRNewswire/ -- Nationally acclaimed radio personality Michael Baisden has created a campaign to encourage one million Americans to sign up as mentors for children in need through a national outreach effort. The One Million Mentors Campaign to Save Our Kids will launch with its first event in Dallas on Feb. 17 and hit the road to visit 72 cities in a campaign-themed bus. At each tour stop along the way, Baisden will host mentoring forums in partnership with local mentoring...
DALLAS, Feb. 1 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The American Heart Association has partnered with 100 Black Men of America, Inc. to raise health awareness and promote initiatives that educate African Americans about stroke risk and warning signs. The pilot project will launch on February 1 in 14 cities throughout the country--including Atlanta, Chicago, Los Angeles and Houston--and will involve African-American youth ages 11 to 18. Each of the 100 BMOA pilot sites will distribute the American...
ATLANTA, Feb. 19 /PRNewswire/ -- We respect the First Amendment of the US Constitution....both the right of speech and the right to object to what is spoken. We find, as we have the right to do, Mr. Delonas's cartoon published in the February 18th, 2009 issue of the New York Post appalling, irresponsible and completely insensitive. The mission of the 100 Black Men of America, Inc. is to establish and reinforce positive images for young black men throughout the world. Unless Mr....
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.