Latest 22d Space Operations Squadron Stories
Extreme cold, ice, darkness challenge Airmen As temperatures hover at 30 degrees below zero, the Airmen and radars of Detachment 3, 22nd Space Operations Squadron stand watch over North America's frozen north. Landing on a snow-packed runway 700 miles north of the Arctic Circle in winter can be a white-knuckle experience for anyone. But that's what it's like at Thule Air Base, Greenland. Blinding winds howling at more than 50 mph, temperatures plunging below zero and 24-hour nights are...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.