Latest 2G Stories
Within a year, Sprint plans to sunset its iDEN Nextel National Network, and roll it into Sprint Direct Connect. Sprint will notify and transition its customers on the legacy network. The wireless carrier seeks to shutter the iDEN Nextel National Network as early as June 30, 2013. On June 1, 2012, Sprint will send written notices to business and government customers to let them know of the planned shutdown of the iDEN Nextel National Network. Businesses will be asked to transition to the...
Smartphones and feature phones are as common now as traditional landline phones were for decades. These handheld devices are so popular that many homes now only use mobile phones, increasingly pushing landline devices into the obsolete category. But while the popularity of mobile connectivity is vast today, it is still a very young technology when compared to its landline counterparts, which have been in existence since the mid-1800s. To be clear, the history of the mobile phone focuses on...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.