Latest 3D chips Stories
Following nearly a decade of work, IBM finally produced a next-generation 3D chip for personal computers. With this work behind them, they must now focus on a way to keep these chips, in which circuits are stacked on top of one another, cool. These 3D chips, which are layered vertically, enhance PC performance by reducing the distance data must travel. The chips also, however, run significantly hotter than normal side-by-side chips. As the size of chips shrinks exponentially, heat becomes a...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.