Latest A123 Systems Inc. Stories
TRAVERSE CITY, Mich. -- General Motors Corp. (GM) has signed an agreement with a battery maker that could propel it ahead of Toyota Motor Corp. (TM) in the race to bring plug-in hybrid and electric cars to market, a top company official said Thursday. A123 Systems Inc., based in Watertown, Mass., already produces millions of nanophosphate lithium-ion batteries for use in cordless power tools, and it plans to apply the technology to automobiles. GM Vice Chairman Bob Lutz said the deal, coupled...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.