Accademia Reference Libraries
Antonio Abetti (June 19, 1846 "“ February 20, 1928) was an Italian astronomer born in San Pietro di Gorizia. He earned a degree in mathematics and engineering at the University of Padua. He Later became director of the Osservatorio Astrofisico di Arcetri (otherwise known as the Arcetri Observatory) and became a professor at the University of Florence. In 1874 Antonio Abetti was part of an...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.