Acrocomia aculeata Reference Libraries
The Grugru Palm (Acrocomia aculeata) also known as MacaÃºba Palm, Coyol Palm, and Macaw Palm, is a species of palm native to the tropical regions of the Americas. It is found from southern Mexico and the Caribbean south to Paraguay and northern Argentina. Its habitat is a wide variety of climates and situations. It is the only species in the genus Acrocomia. The Grugru Palm grows to...
The African Fan Palm, Borassus aethiopium is an African palm of the Borassus genus. It has a numerous list of English terms for the plant including African palmyra palm, deleb palm, ron palm, toddy palm, black rhun palm, ronier palm (French term), and others. Its African names are even more numerous. The tree offers many practical uses such as edible fruit, fiber from leaves, and...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.