Latest Across the Universe Stories
NASA will beam The Beatles' song, "Across the Universe," into deep space Monday in an unprecedented long distance dedication by the U.S. agency. NASA's Deep Space Network will transmit the song at 7:00 p.m. EST (0000 Feb. 5 GMT) on Feb. 4 in honor of several cosmic-themed anniversaries. Monday marks the 40th anniversary of the day the song was recorded. This year also marks the 50th anniversary of NASA's founding and the inception of The Beatles. Two other milestones also are...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.