Actaea Reference Libraries
White Baneberry (Actaea pachypoda) also known as Doll's Eyes, is a species of flowering plant native to eastern North America. It grows in clay to coarse loamy upland soils. It is found in hardwood and mixed-forest stands. This is a herbaceous perennial plant that grows to 19.75 inches high. It has toothed, bipinnate compound leaves that are up to 15.75 inches long and 12 inches broad. It...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.