Latest Action off Galveston Light Stories
Lawrence LeBlond for redOrbit.com - Your Universe Online The only US Navy warship to be sunk in the Gulf of Mexico during the Civil War has been painstakingly detailed using new 3D sonar imagery at its resting place in the murky southern waters. The new images paint a detailed description of how the vessel may have met its demise: a gaping shell hole in the ship´s hull. The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration´s (NOAA) Office of National Marine Sanctuaries (ONMS)...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.