Latest Adam Backlin Stories
Scientists have discovered evidence of a practically extinct mountain yellow-legged frog in Southern California, where the amphibian has not been spotted in a half-century. Like other amphibians whose populations continue to decline, the frog was thought to have only about 122 adults in the San Gabriel, San Bernardino and San Jacinto mountain ranges. In June, U.S. Geological Survey biologists and a research team from the San Diego Natural History Museum separately discovered a mountain...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.