Latest Adam Farquhar Stories
European researchers on Tuesday made their way into a top secret bunker in the Swiss Alps and deposited a "digital genome" that will provide the blueprint for future generations to read data stored using obsolete technology. The researchers, escorted by husky security guards dressed in black, carried a time capsule through a web of tunnels and five security checkpoints to a vault deep beneath the slopes of ski resort Gstaad. The capsule contains the key to unlock defunct digital formats and...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.