Latest Adam Martin Stories
According to a new study, there may be multiple versions of the elusive "God particle," or Higgs boson. The Higgs boson particle is the primary goal for the $10 billion Large Hadron Collider (LHC) experiment near Geneva. However, recent studies from the LHC's U.S. rival suggest physicists could be hunting for five particles, not one. The data points to new laws of physics beyond the current accepted theory, known as the Standard Model. The Higgs boson is the sub-atomic particles that...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.