Adelie Penguin Reference Libraries
The Antarctic Silverfish, (Pleuragramma antarcticum), is a member of the Notothenioidei family of fish. It is widely distributed around the Antarctic, but has largely disappeared from the western side of the northern Antarctic Peninsula based on 2010 research funded by the National Science Foundation. It is also found throughout the Southern Ocean. It grows to an average size of 6 inches,...
The Adelie penguin (Pygoscelis adeliae) is, along with the Emperor Penguin, one of the only two types of penguin living on the mainland of Antarctica. It is named after French explorer Dumont d'Urville's wife, Adelie. They form large colonies on the coasts of the mainland as well as on some nearby islands. There is one colony on Ross Island that consists of approximately half a million Adelie...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.