Latest Administrative divisions of the Maldives Stories
By Sandra Scranton NORTH MALE ATOLL, Maldives THE SHEER BEAUTY of the Maldives mesmerized me -- turquoise puddles appeared in the inky sea as we landed. After the chaos, heat, and dust of a trip to India, it was like sinking in a bath laced with coconut oil. The colors of the sea and endless sky brought peace with no mosquitoes or bugs, no dirt, no hurry. It was the ultimate in letting go. I have never met an island I did not like, especially an island where you can walk alone for an...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.