Latest Adolf Busemann Stories
MIT researchers have found a way to produce a cheaper, quieter and fuel-efficient biplane that is capable of traveling at supersonic speeds. The team has shown through a computer model that a modified biplane can produce significantly less drag than a conventional single-wing aircraft at supersonic cruise speeds. Qiqi Wang, an assistant professor of aeronautics and astronautics, said less drag would allow the plane to require less fuel, making it cheaper to fly, and would also make it...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.