Latest Aerobiology Stories
Warmer temperatures and later autumn frosts have been the main sources for why the ragweed allergy season in North America has grown two to four weeks longer than usual, according to researchers. Northern regions of the United States and Canada have seen a dramatic rise in the length of the allergy season between 1995 and 2009, said researchers, who published a report in Tuesday's issue of the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences. Saskatoon, in Saskatchewan, Canada had the...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.