Latest Aeroflot Russian Airlines Stories
LE BOURGET, France, June 21, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Boeing (NYSE: BA) and Aeroflot Russian Airlines today announced an order at the Paris Air Show for eight Boeing 777-300ERs (extended range) jetliners. "The Boeing 777 will strengthen our long-haul capabilities," said Vitaly Saveliev, director general of Aeroflot Russian Airlines. "These airplanes will play a critical role in our network expansion strategy, particularly the international growth opportunities we expect from our joint...
A unique exhibition entitled 'History in the Aeroflot Posters' enjoyed great success in Moscow earlier this year and has now opened at the Chelsea Art Museum. Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs Alexander Yakovenko and U.S. Aeroflot General Director Anatoli Deloveri opened the exhibition that celebrates 85 years of Russian Aviation and the 40th anniversary of the first Aeroflot flight to New York on the IL-62 long range aircraft. This unique collection of more than 60 posters illustrates the...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.