Latest AgResearch Stories
Researchers have found that Australia's deadly redback spider has established itself in New Zealand, which poses a significant risk to humans as it threatens to colonize major cities. Scientists said the venomous redback, which is a relative of the black widow, probably found its way over there by riding on imported goods from Australia. They said that it established itself at sites on both the North and South Islands. The government's AgResearch institute said in a study this month...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.