Latest Ain't No Cure for Love Stories
By Fiona Shepherd LEONARD COHEN, CASTLE ESPLANADE, EDINBURGH **** LEONARD Cohen's loss is our gain. On realising that a substantial portion of his fortune had disappeared, Cohen opted to undertake this first major tour in years to claw back a few of those lost pennies. His solvency depended on our attendance, if you like. And the crowd, in turn, were certainly not short-changed. Though his hand may have been forced, Cohen's concert on Wednesday night on the Castle Esplanade felt more...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.