Latest Aircraft instruments Stories
Pacific Coast Avionics has completed a panel upgrade on a Cessna 340. Aurora, Oregon (PRWEB) May 08, 2012 Pacific Coast Avionics has announced the completion of a panel upgrade on a Cessna 340 owned and operated by Dr. Doug Iverson, a veterinarian based in Everest, Washington. The upgrade included an all-new panel with the installation of a Garmin G-500 PFD, Garmin GTS-800 Traffic Alert System, Garmin GTN-750 and GTN-650 Touch-Screen GPS/Nav/Com Systems, Garmin GMA-350 Audio Panel, Garmin...
A radar altimeter measures altitude above the terrain beneath an aircraft as opposed to a barometric altimeter which provides the distance above a pre-determined datum, usually sea level. Radar is the underpinning principle of the system. Radio waves that are reflected back from the ground are timed in order to calculate speed, distance, and time which are related to the each other and can be used to calculate the distance from one point to another. Lloyd Espenschied invented the radar...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.