Latest Albany Pine Bush Stories
The Albany Pine Bush Preserve Commission has initiated breeding-season bird banding stations in coordination with the MAPS (Monitoring Avian Productivity and Survivorship), a program coordinated by the Institute for Bird Populations (IBP), the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS), and the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service (USFWS). The findings will also contribute to a global investigation of environmental contamination by the Biodiversity Research Institute and The Nature Conservancy. Albany, NY...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.