Latest Alborz Stories
By Edmund Blair ALBORZ, Iran (Reuters) - Outside the gates of Tebed Spinning Company in this industrial town west of the Iranian capital, a group of laid-off workers grumble that the president's vow to slash unemployment did not save their jobs. Mohammad Bozorgi Alamuti and fellow workers, laid off three months ago, listened intently when President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad spoke in the town in June, delivering the usual pledges to protect workers' rights and revive the economy. But the...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.