Latest Alex Webb Stories
redOrbit Staff & Wire Reports - Your Universe Online Like animals, plants have a 24-hour internal clock, known as circadian rhythm, which allows them to innately maintain track of time. Now, researchers from the University of Cambridge’s Department of Plant Sciences are working to discover exactly how this process works. As Dr. Alex Webb and his colleagues explain in Wednesday’s edition of the journal Nature, weeds, trees, herbs, shrubs and other types of flora are able to...
Avid Kodachrome fans are worried the elaborately crafted photographic film, extolled for its sharpness, vivid colors and archival durability will disappear. "Part of me feels like, boy, if only I'd been born 20 years earlier," says Alex Webb, 56-year-old photographer, whose work has appeared in National Geographic magazine. "I wish they would keep making it forever. I still have a lot of pictures to take in my life." Currently, only one commercial lab in the world, Dwayne's Photo in Parsons,...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.