Latest Alexa Sedlacek Stories
Brett Smith for redOrbit.com - Your Universe Online After a major extinction event occurred 250 million years ago, many species that survived had a long, slow recovery, which was exacerbated by the effects of global warming, according to a new study presented at the Geological Society of America meeting in North Carolina this week. Ohio State University doctoral student Alexa Sedlacek, in his study, found that rising temperatures, high levels of greenhouse gases and a more acidic ocean,...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.