Latest Ali Afshari Stories
TEHRAN (Reuters) - Around 250 supporters of Akbar Ganji, the Iranian dissident journalist who has been on hunger strike for 63 days, held a peaceful protest on Thursday outside the hospital where he is being held. It was the latest effort by supporters of the maverick journalist, jailed in 2000 for "acting against national security" and other crimes, to call for his release and try to persuade him to end his hunger strike. Former student activist Ali Afshari said officials prevented a...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.