Latest Alii Aimoku of Hawaii Stories
HONOLULU, March 11, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- At approximately 11:26 a.m. today, the Pacific Tsunami Warning Center cancelled the tsunami advisory for the Hawaiian Islands following the 8.9 earthquake that struck Japan sending a tsunami warning throughout the Pacific. The event passed with no major impact to Hawaii's six major islands - Kauai, Oahu, Molokai, Lanai, Maui and Hawaii Island - and with the exception of a road closure on a small stretch of Alii Drive in Kailua-Kona on Hawaii Island,...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.