Latest Alinea Stories
CHICAGO, April 14, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- From Sable Kitchen & Bar's root-beer-glazed braised bison short-rib sliders to Davanti Enoteca's baked focaccia filled with melty Crescenza cheese, Chicago magazine's dining experts devoured dishes throughout the city to deliver this year's best new restaurants list. The May issue of Chicago magazine features 22 great places to eat right now, from Top Chef winner Stephanie Izard's Girl & the Goat to Cumin, named a Bib Gourmand restaurant...
Move over celebrity chefs Dean Faring and Stephan Pyles. Presbyterian Hospital of Plano has joined the ranks of such famed dining establishments as Dallas' The Mansion on Turtle Creek, Los Angeles' Spago, New Orleans' Commander's Palace and New York City's Rainbow Room as this year's recipient of the restaurant industry's prestigious Ivy Award. One of the oldest and most coveted industry accolades, the Ivy Award is given annually by Restaurants and Institutions magazine to a select group of...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.