Latest Alison Davis Stories
BLUE BELL, Pa., June 16, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Unisys Corporation (NYSE: UIS) announced today that Alison Davis has been elected to the Unisys Board of Directors and appointed to the Finance Committee of the Board. Most recently, Davis was managing partner of Belvedere Capital Partners, Inc., a private equity firm serving the financial services sector. Prior to joining Belvedere, she served as chief financial officer and director of corporate development for Barclays Global Investors and...
Researchers at the University of California, Santa Cruz, have found that a species of lizard in the Mojave Desert lives in family groups and shows patterns of social behavior more commonly associated with mammals and birds. Their investigation of the formation and stability of family groups in desert night lizards (Xantusia vigilis) provides new insights into the evolution of cooperative behavior. The researchers reported the results of a five-year study of desert night lizards in a paper...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.