Latest ALLEGAN Stories
Seven Winners to Receive Getaways and Gift Cards LANSING, Mich., Aug. 13 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Michigan State Housing Development Authority (MSHDA) Interim Executive Director Gary Heidel and State Historic Preservation Officer Brian Conway announced the winners of the state's first historic preservation photo contest. The contest, held from May 1 through July 31, began as part of the recognition of National Historic Preservation Month in May. "Clearly, people throughout the state...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.