Latest Allen Morgan Stories
NEW YORK, Feb. 8, 2011 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Six directors were named to Audubon's board at the organization's January meeting. The new "class" includes prominent leaders in science, conservation, finance and education. "This group reflects the dynamism of the changing Audubon Board. They have deep and respected scientific backgrounds; they are market-savvy environmentalists; they are educational leaders of stature. They represent the diverse mix of skills and expertise that can help...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.