Latest Allen Newell Stories
SUNNYVALE, Calif., May 7, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Panasas, Inc., the leader in hybrid scale-out NAS for technical research and enterprise customers, announced today that Panasas engineer Marcelo Cataldo has been recognized with the Allen Newell Award for Research Excellence from the School of Computer Science at Carnegie Mellon. "This award is certainly a great honor for Marcelo and Panasas, because it not only recognizes the academic contributions of his body of work, but also the...
Pearl Developed Novel Framework for Reasoning under Uncertainty that Changed How Scientists Approach Real World Problems New York, NY (PRWEB) March 15, 2012 ACM, the Association for Computing Machinery today named Judea Pearl of the University of California, Los Angeles the winner of the 2011 ACM A.M. Turing Award for innovations that enabled remarkable advances in the partnership between humans and machines that is the foundation of Artificial Intelligence (AI). Pearl pioneered...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.