Latest Alliance Unichem Stories
Alliance Boots, a pharmacy-led health and beauty group, has signed an agreement to enter the Brazilian pharmaceutical wholesale market through the acquisition of an initial 25% equity shareholding in Athos Farma. The completion of the transaction, which is subject to various conditions, is expected to take place later in 2008. It is reported that Athos Farma has a network of 17 pharmaceutical wholesale warehouses that currently serve approximately 26,000 pharmacies across all 26 Brazilian...
During its pre-close trading update, Alliance Boots announced its plans for the refurbishment of the Alliance community pharmacy chain as "your local Boots pharmacy" following trials. These stores will have to show significant uplifts to prove the benefit of the merger to the City. Over the past four months, following the July merger, Alliance Boots has been trialing a new format for the Alliance local community pharmacies which combines the Boots branded retail offer, its own label...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.