Latest AlloSphere Research Laboratory Stories
New research opportunities emerge from instrument that immerses researchers in multi-dimensional information What would it be like to dive into the veins and arteries of the human body or weave through the layers of the brain? With the AlloSphere, a 33-foot diameter sphere built inside of a three-story echo-free cube, these feats are now possible. The AlloSphere is one of the largest immersive scientific instruments in the world. It takes scientific data that is too small to...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.