Latest Alok Jha Stories
redOrbit Staff & Wire Reports - Your Universe Online Scientists have successfully bioengineered a kidney and implanted it into a living creature — work which could be an important step forward in the search for personalized replacement organs that could be transplanted into patients with kidney failure, according to media reports published Sunday. According to Alok Jha, science correspondent with The Guardian, Dr. Harald Ott of the Center for Regenerative Medicine at...
A team of British scientists claim that they have developed a new flu vaccine that could work against all currently identified strains of the ailment, according to a report in the UK newspaper The Guardian on Sunday. The researchers, led by Dr. Sarah Gilbert of Oxford University, have discovered a new technique that targets a different part of the influenza virus than most traditional vaccines. Rather than targeting the external coat of the virus, which is likely to mutate from year to year,...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.