Latest Alpha sheet Stories
Amyloid fibers in the brain are a hallmark of many neurodegenerative diseases, including Parkinson's disease, for which there are no effective treatments. These fibers result from aggregation of a specific protein in each disease–in Parkinson's, for example, the aggregated protein is called alpha-synuclein. Although amyloid fibers are implicated in numerous pathologies, they can also play beneficial, protective roles. In yeast, for example, they are associated with increased survival...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.