Latest Amazons Stories
Game's Next Expansion Gives Players Weapon Mastery; Wonder Woman and Circe Battle Over Gotham City SAN DIEGO, March 20, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Sony Online Entertainment today announced the next chapter in DC Universe(TM) Online (DCUO): Amazon Fury Part I. The game's 10(th) downloadable content (DLC) pack will introduce a brand-new storyline featuring Wonder Woman, Circe, Hippolyta and the Amazons, as well as a new shared open area, Solo Iconic Visions, a 4-player Alert, two new Duos and Weapon...
The pre-Columbian Indian societies that once lived in the Amazon rainforests may have been much larger and more advanced than researchers previously realized. Together with Brazilian colleagues, archaeologists from the University of Gothenburg have found the remains of approximately 90 settlements in an area South of the city of Santar©m, in the Brazilian part of the Amazon. "The most surprising thing is that many of these settlements are a long way from rivers, and are located in...
Staff at Amazon's warehouse in Bedfordshire, England, say they waved, rather than mooned, when bosses at the giant U.S. Internet retailer demanded a mass photo. Staffers at the Marston Gate warehouse said they rejected pressure to drop their trousers in unison for a mass mooning photo -- an idea reportedly conceived by Jeff Bezos, Amazon's founder, The Sunday Times of London reported. The photo was to be Amazon's response to a Times story that last week detailed difficult working conditions...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.