Latest Amenthes quadrangle Stories
Lee Rannals for redOrbit.com — Your Universe Online Researchers have found evidence that ancient caverns on Mars may have captured enormous flood waters some 2 billion years ago. Planetary Science Institute researchers studied the terminal regions of the Hebrus Valles, which is an outflow channel that extends about 155 miles downstream from two zones of surface collapse. The Martian outflow channels are made up of some of the largest known channels in the solar system....
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.