Latest American Academy of Dermatology Stories
A new congressional report accuses tanning salons of misleading their customers to try and gain business. The probe found that tanning salons are downplaying the risks of tanning in beds, and promoting benefits that do not exist to its younger clients that do not know any better. The investigation by the U.S. House Energy & Commerce Committee found that nearly all indoor tanning salons contacted denied the known risks of indoor tanning, and four out of five salons claimed it is...
Noted dermatologist Joshua Fox, MD, applauds the new CA Law banning teen indoor tanning and hopes that other states follow suit. Roslyn, NY, (PRWEB) October 15, 2011 On October 9, 2011 California Governor Edmund Brown signed a bill into law that will prohibit the use of indoor tanning devices for all Californians under the age of 18. According to Joshua Fox, MD and founder and director of New York and New Jersey-based Advanced Dermatology, Ã¢Åinterestingly,...
The Assistance Fund, a leading 501(c)3 nonprofit organization, announces the appointment of Dr. Kellie Mosley-Mendez to its Board of Directors. Orlando, FL (PRWEB) September 15, 2011 The Assistance Fund, a leading 501(c)3 nonprofit organization, announces the appointment of Dr. Kellie Mosley-Mendez to its Board of Directors. Ã¢ÅThe Assistance Fund staff and current board are happy to welcome Dr. Mosley-Mendez to our organization. The addition to the Board of...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.