Latest American Heartworm Society Stories
Important guideline revisions made by both parasite-focused organizations address heartworm prevention, treatment and diagnosis; and include information about FDA approval of the first-ever treatment for circulating microfilaria SHAWNEE, Kan., Jan. 19, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Veterinarians wanting to keep their heartworm protocols up to date should check out the latest information from the American Heartworm Society (AHS) and the Companion Animal Parasite Council (CAPC), say...
American Heartworm Society recommends yearly protection and annual testing to ward off heartworm disease, even in temperate climates. Wilmington, DE (PRWEB) August 22, 2013 California and Arizona may not be known as hotbeds of heartworm transmission, but the American Heartworm Society (AHS) is reminding pet owners that dogs and cats here remain at risk – even in the summer months. Environmental conditions that foster proliferation of mosquitoes carrying the heartworm parasite, such as...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.