Latest American Refugee Committee Stories
WASHINGTON, Aug. 4 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The worst flood to hit Pakistan in 80 years has left at least one million people in need of emergency assistance. In northwestern Pakistan, the number of deaths currently exceeds 1,400, and over 3 million affected or displaced in need of supplies. Major damage to roads, housing, bridges, general infrastructure, communications and utilities continue to be the main problem hampering relief efforts. Martin Mogwanja, the UN humanitarian...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.