Latest American Tortoise Rescue Stories
Brett Smith for redOrbit.com - Your Universe Online If you see a turtle crossing a busy road — pick it up and send it in the direction it was originally going on the other side of the road, advises the advocacy group American Tortoise Rescue (ATR), which is celebrating their 13th“¯annual“¯World Turtle Day“¯2013 today. Picking up the tortoise and turning it around will only cause the slow moving animal to try crossing the road again, according to...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.