Latest Amphetamines Stories
Salk scientists discover a single injection of cocaine or methamphetamine produces a long-lasting cellular memory trace that could be the brain's way of resisting powerful psychostimulants A single injection of cocaine or methamphetamine in mice caused their brains to put the brakes on neurons that generate sensations of pleasure, and these cellular changes lasted for at least a week, according to research by scientists at the Salk Institute for Biological Studies. Their findings,...
A new report from researchers at the Drexel University School of Public Health identifies patterns in the misuse of illicit drugs among young adults who also misuse prescription drugs. The report, “Misuse of Prescription and Illicit Drugs among High-Risk Adults” in Los Angeles and New York, was recently published in the first issue of the Journal of Public Health Research. This is the first report to compare patterns of prescription and illicit drug misuse among...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.