Latest Amphitrite Stories
BURBANK, Calif., June 14 /PRNewswire/ -- Nickelodeon, the number-one kids' brand and largest producer of television animation in the world, wraps up Independence Day weekend with the premiere of a new SpongeBob SquarePants special, "The Clash of Triton," on Monday, July 5, at 8:00 p.m. ET/PT. The half-hour special features celebrity guest stars Victoria Beckham as Queen Amphitrite; John O'Hurley as her husband, King Neptune; and Sebastian Bach (Skid Row) as their rebellious son, Triton....
The merman is a mythological creature said to inhabit the oceans of the world. There are many different adaptations of this creature, depending on which culture the myth comes from. The behavior of the merman varies with each culture. Some have been known to summon storms that sink ships and some are wise teachers. The merman is also said to attract female humans with their singing and melodies. The description of the merman also varies, but most include the upper body being of a man...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.