Latest Amrita Ahluwalia Stories
Lawrence LeBlond for redOrbit.com - Your Universe Online Many foods we eat may not be so good for us. But many others provide crucial benefits for healthy living. It may come as no surprise that one food, the beet, or more appropriately, beetroot juice, may help provide some of those crucial benefits we see in a wide array of other foods. Of course we all know we should always eat more fruits and vegetables, but how often have you heard your mother say, ℠Make sure you drink your...
Researchers at Barts and The London School of Medicine have discovered that drinking just 500ml of beetroot juice a day can significantly reduce blood pressure. The study, published online today in the American Heart Association journal Hypertension, could have major implications for the treatment of cardiovascular disease. Lead by Professor Amrita Ahluwalia of the William Harvey Research Institute at Barts and The London School of Medicine, and Professor Ben Benjamin of Peninsula Medical...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.