Latest Anaerobic digestion Stories
[ Watch the Video: Methane Emission Estimates Are Lower Than They Should Be ] redOrbit Staff & Wire Reports - Your Universe Online The US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) could be underestimating American methane emission levels by as much as 50 percent, according to new research appearing in this week’s early online edition of the journal Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences. Carnegie Institution researchers, along with colleagues from the Lawrence Berkeley...
University of Massachusetts at Amherst Derek Lovley's lab at UMass Amherst show for the first time that one of the most abundant methane-producing microorganisms on Earth makes direct electrical connections with another species to produce the gas in a completely unexpected way For 40 years, scientists thought they understood how certain bacteria work together to anaerobically digest biomass to produce methane gas, important in bioenergy and the major source of greenhouse gas. But now...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.