Latest Andreas Wicenec Stories
ICRAR High-performance computing specialists from Perth's International Centre for Radio Astronomy Research (ICRAR) today became the first users of one of Australia's leading supercomputing facilities -- the Pawsey Centre -- ahead of its official opening later this year. The recent launch of the Murchison Widefield Array (MWA) -- a radio telescope based in Western Australia's Mid West -- marked the start of an impressive flow of astronomical data that will be stored in the iVEC-managed...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.