Andrei Sakharov Reference Libraries
Igor Yevgenyevich Tamm born in Vladivostok, Russia on July 8, 1895 was a Soviet physicist and mathematician. He studied at the University of Edinburgh in 1913-1914. He then switched to Moscow State University where he graduated in 1918. He developed an approximation method for many-body physics, in 1945. He worked with Andrei Dmitrievich Sakharov to create a tomohak system based on a...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.