Latest Angiostrongylus cantonensis Stories
Lawrence LeBlond for redOrbit.com - Your Universe Online Less than a day after a Houston-area gardener spotted what was believed to be a giant African land snail, a USDA spokeswoman reported Thursday (May 9) the creature is actually a rosy wolfsnail (Euglandina rosea). The rosy wolfsnail, also known as the cannibal snail, is a native North American species and is commonly found in Texas. Tanya Espinosa of the USDA said there is no evidence that the giant African land snail is in Texas....
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.