Latest Animal science Stories
Africa will benefit greatly from advances in livestock science that will benefit the animals and the people they provide with high quality protein, said scientists here Sunday. Panelists addressed the hopes and challenges of modernizing livestock production in Sub-Saharan Africa during the American Association for the Advancement of Science annual meeting in Vancouver, B.C. "We explored how implementing new technologies will benefit society," said University of Idaho animal scientist...
ST. LOUIS, July 28, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Novus International, Inc. hosted its second annual Novus University Day, focused on Fostering Welfare in Livestock Production, on July 26, 2011 in St. Louis. The day-long event, attended by Novus employees from around the world, industry experts and Novus affiliates, friends and families, provided a neutral forum for six nationally recognized experts to discuss the innovative solutions being developed by academia and industry to address the issues...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.